Feel It

September 6, 2014 § 15 Comments

Days roll by.

I recall them as busy, sometimes even hectic. Fulfilling responsibilities. Work. Errands. You know, just what we call “life.”

And then I make those moments. Standing in the woods in the early morning, in wonder at the misty rays of light piercing through. Tasting a cup of tea. Noticing again the graceful way she moves.

Those moments.

All else just being busy. Dodging and weaving. Perhaps afraid to live. Easier to keep plugging, I imagine.

But the choice is a matter of life and death.

Moment by moment.

Feel it.

Tagged: , , ,

§ 15 Responses to Feel It

• Absolutely! This resonates so deeply with me and I could not agree more! In general, I really appreciate your message and what you are sharing with the world. This is just to let you know that I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award. Feel free to decline; if you are happy to accept, please visit http://presencematters.wordpress.com/2014/10/13/one-lovely-blog-nomination/ for more information 🙂

It is a matter of life and death, noticing all those little moments that so effortlessly and seamlessly pass us by. I start my day with this prayer:
    “May I remember who and what I am all day today. ”
    I can easily get caught up in the busyness of life, but here’s the beautiful thing. I am so aware that my life is much less busy. I am aware that I am aware and conscious of when I go unconscious. This is big!!
    Hugs and beauty to you. ❤

• Suddenly Jamie (@suddenlyjamie) says:

Those moments, indeed.
    Thanks for the gentle, but oh-so-important reminder.
    🙂

• julienmatei says:

Where there is choice, there is consequently division, division breeding and reinforcing fear.

Fear creating linearity, compulsively maintaining itself through time and memory.

Yes, Fear becoming extremely important: “a matter of life and death”.

In this perpective, choosing moment by moment, means in actual fact resisting and thwarting the moment.

Mind being afriad to live – that is, to lose its false control, and surrender to the “graceful way she moves”.

What if we allowed the days recall us insstead…

It´s nice to see you write again, I kind of missed your presence around.

Julien

• julienmatei says:

Typos: perspective and instead – of course…;)

Such insightful thoughts, Julien.

Choosing, the idea of “says rolling by,” even the phrase “moment by moment”- suggest the idea we must get it right, along with the idea of time as linear. And the idea of resistance and struggle, which we have talked about before. With the demon of judgment always tagging along.

Effortless and sheer existence, the only “enlightenment” there is.

I’m bemused though by your follow up message trying to correct the typos. Not your way, I would have thought. More like me with my compulsive proofreading.

• julienmatei says:

Our friend Krishnamurti sayd the same in different words:

Live with “what is”
        Is it possible to live a life without any pattern, without any goal, without any idea of the future, a life without conflict? It is only possible when one lives completely with “what is”. With “what is” means with that which is actually taking place. Live with it; do not try to transform it, do not try to go beyond it, do not try to control it, do not try to escape from it, just look at it, live with it. If you are envious, or greedy, jealous, or you have problems, sex, fear, whatever they are, live with them without any movement of thought that wants to move away from them. Which means what? One is not wasting one’s energy in control, in suppression, in conflict, in resistance, in escape. All that energy was being wasted; now one has gathered it up. Because one sees the absurdity of it, the falseness of it, the unreality of it, one has now the energy to live with “what is”…

• potterfan97 says:

Wonderful piece Tom, glad to be reading you again 🙂

Natalie,

I am so in awe of your creative capacity as a poet and also your commitment to the work. I come and go, which is fine. But you just keep coming with your exquisite compositions.

Thanks.

• Jude says:

Thanks Tom, glad you’re still around. 🙂

• Anne Dickson says:

Good to see you writing again Tom. Thank you for sharing. Hope all is well with you.

Anne,

And good to see you still with me.

I am looking out my window right now- brilliant blue sky fall morning- soon will take the hound for a walk. So how lucky am I?

Hope you are feeling strong and well.

• Nice to read your writing again. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, hope you are doing well.